Email Communication Reigns Supreme
It’s no secret that mobile is on the rise. Many companies are utilizing this trend and altering their communication methods accordingly. However, in a recent study, 7 out of 10 consumers preferred to be communicated with through email, while mobile means of communication, such as SMS and app messages, were at the bottom of the list. The latest isn’t always the greatest, at least in the case of communication.
To succeed in email communication means to create engaging content that appeals to your audience. Knowing the right content for an audience is critical to the success of any email campaign. Segmenting your audience is a great way to start gathering relevant information to help generate the proper content. Marketing Automation allows you to group like customers by where they’re at in the purchase process. This allows your company to gather data that’s relevant to who they are, and allows you to create customized messages to help guide them through the sales funnel. This constant communication is becoming increasingly more valuable in turning consumers into customers.
We’ve identified five reasons why every company should prioritize communication.
Benefits of Constant Email Communication
- Differentiate Yourself- Regular email communication with your customers allows you to discover how they view your company compared to competitors. Based on this information, your company is able to establish a differentiation strategy to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Maintain Awareness- In order to stay at the front of your audience’s minds, it’s critical that you maintain frequent communication. If you neglect contact, your customers may forget about you and turn to your competitors instead.
- Learn Changing Needs- It’s inevitable that your customers’ needs are going to change over time. Maintaining constant communication not only allows you to be aware of these changing needs, but also provides you with the knowledge on how to adapt to them.
- Gain an Understanding- Keeping an open form of email communication allows you to understand your customers’ needs. Having this knowledge gives you the ability to formulate and communicate a solution that satisfies these needs.
- Create a Satisfied Customer- Using email communication to follow up on a sale can help ensure that a customer is happy with their purchase. Addressing any issues that may have surfaced, reinforcing benefits, and making sure that the product or service is effectively meeting customers’ needs are a great way to create loyal customers.
Implementing a Plan for Communication
Creating a strategy that reaches consumers in their preferred method, contains relevant information, and satisfies their needs can be an overwhelming task. Starting off with something simple, like a newsletter, allows your company to utilize the value of email while providing your audience with valuable information. You can control both the frequency and the content of the message. Sending a gentle reminder every month or so keeps your company at the front of your customers’ minds. Newsletters also provide you with a platform to show off your expertise maintain awareness, and promote your company to your audience. Biznet Digital has helped many companies reap the benefits of email communication. Visit our Marketing Automation page to see how we can help you stay at the top of your customer’s minds and at the top of their inbox.