What are the Most Important Digital Tactics?
digital tactics a necessity in order for businesses to be discovered by prospects that are carefully sorting through an ever growing number of search results.
There are six essential digital tactics that help influence lead generation and nurturing for businesses…
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Marketing Automation
Lead Generation and Nurturing
If your business is falling short of generating and nurturing leads, follow these six tactics in order to increase your visibility where your customer’s see it most, search engines.
1) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If no one can find your company online then lead generation becomes much more difficult. Search Engine Optimization increases a company’s search ranking organically to generate leads. This is done through:
- Relevant Key Word Research: Relevant key word research collects data on relevant key words and phrases that a customer is likely use in a search. The key words should be based on your business’s customer demographic and location. A competitive analysis can be created to determine how many other businesses use these terms in order to understand the likelihood of being viewed.
- Content Adaption: Adapting content to include your key words is crucial for SEO. Besides key words, content should have relevant wording instead of the same words over and over. Google has adapted it’s algorithm to detect whether your webpage and other sources are made up of quality content or just a high quantity of key words.
- Integration of Social Media: Once your business has created content spiced up with relevant key words it’s time to share it. The more places you can get your key word content, the more likely it is to generate leads.
SEO is one of the first steps to lead generation and has been shown to increase ROI. Without this digital tactic, prospects will have trouble finding your business. But if you think your business doesn’t need SEO, that’s fine. Your competitors using SEO will be more than happy to take the customers that you missed out on.
2) Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Pay-per-click is a lot like SEO but instead of trying to achieve an optimal search rank organically, PPC bids on key words to improve a business’s rank. The ad or search is only paid for if it is clicked on. This allows a business to only pay for an ad or word if they have an interested party viewing it, otherwise it costs nothing. There are two types of PPC tactics:
- Search Based PPC: Search based PPC bids on key words to rank a page higher when someone searches for the word or phrase in order to drive traffic to a site. This is a successful method of lead generations because your business knows the person is already interested in what they’re selling since they have made the effort to look it up.
- Display Based PPC: Display based PPC is a PPC ad that can appear on many websites in the content of the page. Your business can restrict where the ad appears by demographic or geographical targeting in order to better focus the ad to your objective lead.
PPC is a great digital tactic for lead generation because it is easier than SEO and is a good source for boosting revenue even though it is paid for. A great thing about PPC is that it also uses remarketing technology. If a person clicks on your website or ad through a PPC search your business has the option of having the ad follow that person for a defined amount of time which can increase a lead’s engagement with your business.
3) Content Marketing
Content marketing is the practice of creating content that targets your businesses audience and drives traffic to your site. SEO and content marketing usually go hand and hand. Where there is great SEO, there is usually quality content to back it up. The types of content that increase lead generation and nurturing are:
- Gated Content: Gated content is content that requires a lead to fill out a form with their information in order to access it. This allows businesses to generate more leads by acquiring contact information from interested customers as to nurture them further with inbound marketing
- White Paper: White paper is a large quantity of content that is designed to offer up a business’s product or service in order to solve a problem. This helps generate and nurture leads by giving them the information on how your business can help them.
- Blogs: Blogs use SEO to place organically in searches and provide constant content to nurture a lead and generate new leads by keeping buyers informed.
- Websites: Websites have been shown to be the most important places for quality content. marketing automation specialists can help you today and get on the path to increased ROI.