Are your Marketing Efforts being Silenced by Your Competition?
CAN YOU HEAR ME? HOW ABOUT NOW? NO?
Working to be heard in today’s overcrowded marketing environment can be reminiscent of trying to communicate on a cellphone with poor reception. You shout and shout, continuously adjusting your position to be heard over the static but you just never seem to get through. Replace the static with tons of other marketers and you have the dilemma that many of today’s businesses are facing.
Luckily, new marketing tactics help circumvent some of the noise and allow you to be heard clearer by the prospects you’re trying to reach. Unluckily, more and more businesses are adopting these methods as we speak which still increases the competition for your business to be heard.
To counteract your competition, start by considering these 2 core concepts:
- Apply fundamental marketing principles
- Leverage marketing technology
Fundamental Tactics have a Place in your Digital Marketing Efforts
While the evolution of marketing has become increasingly focused on the amazing results digital marketing can provide over traditional marketing, the fundamentals behind traditional tactics still apply in the digital realm. These fundamentals have been around longer than you or I have been alive, and will be for years after we are gone. They include:
- Strategy– Strategy is important to have in order to know how to proceed with customer, technology, and business goals.
- Understanding your Market– Understanding your market is an important part of business. This includes understanding your competitors and their strategies.
- Products and Services– The products and services that you offer need to be well developed and understood. In addition, your products and services must meet a need or want that your consumers have otherwise been missing.
- Conversing– Conversing effectively with your desired demographic helps establish relationships and generate customers.
- Understanding your Customers– Knowing your customers is necessary to selling your product effectively. If you know what your desired buyer persona looks like, then you can market your business to the right people, with the right language, and at the right time.
- Brand identity-Brand identity defines your business. Creating a strong brand identity is vital in building trust and allegiance in the eyes of your audience.
- Multiple marketing channels– Using more than one marketing channel can give you the tools to successfully engage your audience with your products and services.
These fundamentals are proven to drive traffic. But in today’s digitally dynamic marketplace, it takes more than the old reliable marketing foundations to succeed with more and more businesses screaming to be heard. And while ignoring marketing’s past is risky, ignoring the future will spell failure for your business.
Digital Marketing Dials up Traditional Marketing Tactics
Although the fundamentals of traditional marketing should be applied to all your marketing efforts, digital technology has developed better and more successful techniques to be able to find and capture customers. This can be done through:
- Analyzing Data– Almost every Google search, click, and customer interest is recorded today. With so much data available from the Internet, it becomes about where to harness the data from and how to use it. The point of data is to get a better idea of your audience, what they want, and where they’re coming from. Once that’s achieved, it’s time to find a way to use this valuable information in a way your audience won’t find annoying.
- Implementing Marketing Technology– No longer does the business find the customer but the customer finds the business. With this switch in rolls, technology like marketing automation, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics were developed to take advantage of what seems like an unlimited source of data. Marketing automation uses data and lead scoring to track all of your lead’s interests and provides your business with a personalized automated nurturing process. This way, your business can aim to meet the direct needs of your prospects while also increasing your chances of closing more sales.
- Emphasis on Two Way Communication– With so much information readily available, businesses need to communicate their value on a higher level, much higher than ever before. Communication through content and email is necessary to display your company’s value. Marketing automation uses a high concentration of relevant quality content and personalized messaging to bring communications between leads and marketers to new heights.
Biznet Digital will Help Bring your Marketing Tactics into the Digital Age
While many traditional marketing concepts still hold true, in order to compete in today’s crowded and noisy marketplace, your business needs to up its game with current digital marketing technology. For over 20 years, the experts at Biznet Digital have been helping businesses stay ahead of their competition by not only focusing on the present marketing situation, but also by looking toward the future of the marketing industry. Don’t allow your business’s messages to fall on deaf ears any longer. Partner with Biznet Digital today and get your business heard loud and clear.